Claire Maisonneuve, director
Looking for someone you can trust?
TESTIMONIAL – Dr. David Dyment MD, CCFP says,
“As a family physician in Burnaby B.C., I have been referring patients to Claire Maisonneuve for the past 27 years. The feedback I have received has been remarkable. She gets results and I would strongly recommend Ms Maisonneuve for anyone seeking couples or individual therapy.”
Over 30 years of helping clients make break-throughs in their lives.
We Are Covered By:
– Most Extended Health Benefits –
– ICBC –
– First Nations Health Authority –
– Crime Victim Assistance Program –
The # 1 Issue with Depression!
“It hides the possibility of feeling free, of happiness and joy. It shades the possibility of creativity and open expression. Depression barricades and blocks a sense of worth and colours all around it in a tone of grey. Depression is a treacherous house guest that tries to destroy from within rather than build, breakdown rather than repair and isolate rather than open.” Claire Maisonneuve
Words to Describe Depression
Depression is lying in bed waiting for something to change but not understanding what to do.
Depression is watching other people make life milestones and wondering “why not me?”
Depression is the feeling of shame for merely existing.
Depression is a deep feeling of alienation and isolation.
Depression is wanting to do things but not having the energy to do it.
Depression is a feeling of emptiness and desperation.
Alternative to Counselling
Although Counselling has been the traditional method of therapy for Depression – Direct Neurofeedback at the Alpine Clinic can offer you the most profound opportunity to make lasting changes in your life that will result in an emotional shift and a new sense of happiness.
Direct Neurofeedback can Help:
- Calms your racing thoughts.
- Overcome Depression.
- Eliminate Panic Attacks.
- Overcome Anxiety.
- Lift Brian Fog.
- Increase Social Comfort.
- Boost Self Confidence.
- Improve Sleep.
- Increase Energy.
Depression can happen when hurts from the past continue to affect you and keep you from experiencing the potential for joy that lies inside you.
Most of us have felt anxious or depressed, at least once in a while. Whether it’s being fired, losing a friend or getting divorced, there are many tough situations that can lead us to feel sad, lonely or anxious. These are normal reactions to stressful situations in life.
But some of us seem to experience feelings of sadness or despair more frequently for what seems like no apparent reason, making it difficult to carry on with normal, everyday functioning. If this sounds like you, it’s possible you’re suffering from depression.
Depression varies from person to person, but there are some common signs and symptoms. It’s important to remember that these symptoms can be part of life’s normal lows. But the more symptoms you have, the stronger they are, and the longer they’ve lasted—the more likely it is that you’re dealing with depression. If these symptoms are overwhelming and disabling, that’s when it’s time to seek help.
Common symptoms of depression include:
- A sense of unworthiness about yourself that gets in your way of functioning
- Feel guilty a lot of the time
- Feeling resentful without reason
- Feeling hopeless about the future
- Find you’ve lost your interest in sex
- Changes in weight – gains and loss
- Wanting to sleep a lot of the time
- Irritability or a low mood
- Inability to take pleasure and perform well in the activities of daily life
- Behavior problems
- Poor performance at school
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulty interacting with others in social situations
- Poor appetite or overeating
- Trouble sleeping
- Persistent tiredness or lack of energy
- Trouble concentrating
- Difficulty making decisions
“I felt trapped by my past, was continually bombarded with negative thinking, and was steadily gaining weight. Through the counseling I received from Claire …I was able to accept my past, calm the negative thoughts, and begin to lose weight. Claire offered me practical skills to deal with adverse situations and enabled me to re-take control of my life…. I now feel free from my past and look to the future with confidence.” P.M. Delta
“The professionalism I encountered enabled me to take the leap of faith – and accept that I truly needed my counsellor’s help. The structure and continuity enabled step-by-step progress. The building blocks are solid. The timeline – given the massive result – was short, just months in duration.” L.B. Surrey
“Claire I want to thank you so much. I did not know what to expect when I began work with you, but now know how pivotal it was in moving beyond past events. I can honestly say that I feel myself again and that life has regained it’s spark. You truly are gifted in your work. As you have helped many, thank you for playing this role in my life.” C. C.
“My decision to choose Alpine was probably the most important decision that I have ever made in my life and I will always consider Skyelar Napier one of the most influential people in my life. I am so blessed to have this relationship and am so grateful for all that the clinic and the professionals who work there have, and continue to do, to help me make the best of each day.” G. W.
Looking for an Alternative to Counselling?
Direct Neurofeedback – it’s FAST ACTING!
– It’s very effective for helping Depression.
– It is non-invasive, drug-free, painless and completely safe.
– Results are amazing and achieved from the first session – you’ll know within hours.
– Direct Neurofeedback allows the body to relax and the mind to reset – it’s a spa for the mind.
Depression also comes in many shapes and forms. The different types also have unique symptoms, causes and effects.
- Major depression is characterized by the inability to enjoy life and feel pleasure, often lasting for over six months. The symptoms are constant, ranging from moderate to severe. Some people experience just a single depressive episode in their lifetime, such as after a marital break up or the loss of a loved one. However, major depression can often be a recurring condition.
- Persistent depressive disorder, or PDD is a type of chronic “low-grade” depression that can last for years. On most days, you feel mildly or moderately depressed, although you may also have brief periods where you feel “normal”. The symptoms of PDD are not as strong as major depression, but they can make it very difficult to enjoy life. Some people also experience major depressive episodes on top of PDD, a condition known as “double depression.”
- Bipolar Disorder, also known as manic depression, is characterized by cycling mood changes. Episodes of depression alternate with manic episodes, which can include impulsive behaviour, hyperactivity, rapid speech, and trouble sleeping. Treatments for bipolar disorder are quite different than for other forms of depression. For example, anti-depressant medications could actually make bipolar disorder worse.
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a condition that can affect you unexpectedly during the winter months. You may feel hopeless, sad, tense, or stressed, with no interest in friends or activities you normally enjoy. SAD usually begins in the fall or winter and remains until the brighter days of spring or summer return.
Depression and Anxiety Disorders are not the same.
Many people who develop depression also have a history of anxiety disorder, but there is no evidence one disorder causes the other. However, there is clear evidence that many people suffer from both disorders at the same time.
While more than 50% of people who suffer from anxiety are also affected by depression, they are two separate disorders.
Getting treatment for depression is important.
If you’re dealing with depression, it’s important to ask for help. There is no “one-size fits all” solution for depression, and we’ll develop a customized approach just for you.
After you contact our office, we’ll work together on a treatment plan that helps you:
- Overcome blue moods.
- Feel good about yourself and your life.
- Build your self-esteem.
- Connect you to your sense of aliveness, vitality and positive energy.
- Restore your motivation to do things and to plan for your future.
- Increase your ability to trust yourself in making decisions.
- Feel good inside your own body.
- Awaken your sexual desire.
Overcoming depression starts by asking for help. While it can feel like you’re alone in the world, we are here to support you. Let’s get started on your journey back to a positive and energized life.
The Next Step is Yours – Take It!
A Personal Letter To YOU,
It takes courage to initiate a change in your life – especially one that has been weighing you down for a long time. It is almost as if that which you want to get rid of is a familiar friend. In reality it is your enemy, that undermines and restricts you everyday.
Isn’t it time to finally throw the enemy out and live the rest of your life free?
The expertise we have at the Alpine Counselling Clinic is unsurpassed. The thousands of clients we have helped to make significant changes in their lives over the past 30 years, bears good testament to our professionalism and commitment.
If you are hesitant in any way about taking the next step, call the number below and ask for me personally – so we can talk. I guarantee your satisfaction.
Claire Maisonneuve, director Alpine Clinic.