Stress is what you feel when you are trying to handle more than you can!
If you are suffering from stress, you might:
- Race through the scheduled activities of the day.
- Feel like you’re always hurrying the kids.
- Have disrupted sleep patterns.
- Feel irritable and easily angry.
- Fail to see the humour in situations others find funny.
- Have difficulty making decisions.
- Ignore your body’s need for food, relaxation or sleep.
- Feel tired, exhausted and worn out when you get up in the morning.
Looking for an Alternative to Counselling?
Direct Neurofeedback – it’s FAST ACTING!
- – It’s very effective at helping Stress and your reaction to it, which is Anxiety.
- – It is non-invasive, drug-free, painless and completely safe.
- – Results are amazing and achieved from the first session – you’ll know within hours.
- – Direct Neurofeedback allows the body to relax and the mind to reset – it’s a spa for the mind.
Stress Stage 1:
When you undergo stressful events, your body will respond as though you are in danger invoking the fight or flight response. The release of adrenalin creates:
- Rapid breathing
- Increased heart rate
- Burst of energy
Stress Stage 2:
When stressful events happen over a prolonged period, your body begins to release stored sugars and fats from its resources. At this stage you:
- Feel driven to keep doing more.
- Feel pressured and overwhelmed.
- Are often tired, fatigued and have trouble sleeping.
- Drink more coffee, alcohol and smoke more.
- Experience memory loss.
- Catch colds and flus more often than normal.
Stress Stage 3:
If the stressful events don’t subside, you become chronically stressed. Your body’s need for energy exceeds its ability to produce it. You experience:
- Errors in judgement, like a careless or costly decision on the job.
- Extreme irritability.
- A vulnerability to developing a serious illness like heart disease or a chronic illness.
Our counsellors can help you:
- Think more optimistically about events.
- Help you find more balance between your work and your life.
- Find time to do the things you really want to do.
- Help you regain permission to play and have fun.
- Set boundaries and stay in control of your workload.
- Regain a sense of humour.
- Help you master self-care strategies.
Negative, critical, fearful, anxious, thoughts are crucial stress factors.
Mind/Body research has proven that our negative thoughts can be as harmful as stressful life events because the mind doesn’t know the difference!
You can’t always change the stress around you but you can change the stress inside you by how you think about events.
The Next Step is Yours – Take It!
A Personal Letter To YOU,
It takes courage to initiate a change in your life – especially one that has been weighing you down for a long time. It is almost as if that which you want to get rid of, is a familiar friend. In reality it is your enemy, that undermines and restricts you everyday.
Isn’t it time to finally throw the enemy out and live the rest of your life free?
The expertise we have at the Alpine Counselling Clinic is unsurpassed. The thousands of clients we have helped to make significant changes in their lives over the past 30 years, bears good testament to our professionalism and commitment.
If you are hesitant in any way about taking the next step, call the number below and ask for me personally – so we can talk. I guarantee your satisfaction.
Claire Maisonneuve, director Alpine Clinic.